Camp Bragg Ledger Note, October 9, 1861
Scope and Contents
The materials in this collection are composed of two boxes.
Box 1 is composed of Charles Lee Hill's scrapbook and photographs of the musical group "The Houstonians."
Box 2 is composed of biographical materials and photographs about Charles Lee Hill's life and music career. As well as biographical materials about his grandfather W.T. Hill's life and time spent in the American Civil War as a Confederate officer.
- October 9, 1861
Biographical / Historical
Camp Brigg is near Richmond, Virginia.
The 5th Texas Regiment was assigned to the Hood's Texas Brigade.
1 Sheets (In file 3 in folder 1 in box 2.) : Photocopy of material from the Library of Congress. The text is in cursive.
Language of Materials
This ledger note mentions that J.J. McBride, A.A. Quarter Master of the 5th Texas Regiment, received wood for the use of the guard's fires at the guard tents at Camp Bragg from October 7th to 13th.
The ledger note was written by W.T. Hill, Officer Guard, First Lieutenant of Company D of the 5th Texas Regiment.
- 5th Texas Regiment
- Charles Lee Hill Collection
- Charles Lee Hill-- Family
- Confederate States of America
- Confederate States of America -- Army -- Texas Brigade
- Confederate States of America-- Army-- 5th Texas Infantry Regiment
- Confederate States of America-- Army-- Camp Bragg
- Confederate States of America-- Army-- Hood's Texas Brigade
- Hill, W.T.
- Hood's Texas Brigade
- Richmond, Virginia
- United States - History - Civil War, 1861-1865